6.03.2009

I am Technology

I was once majestic. Kings and Queens floated up my perfectly shaped back. Children played hide and seek to the sides of me. I glistened with the evening candlelight as lovers crept to each other’s bedchambers. Now I am abandoned. I lead to nowhere. Mistaken for part of a decrepit wall, people pass by me unaware of my glory days. I lay in decay with weeds growing up my spine. My uneven surfaces trip those who choose to pose with the greater things above me. But they are the focus of their photographs. I only exist in the background with my cool, placid stone steps. Children slide down the middle of me now that my bones have cracked and molded smoothly together. The animals use me as their shade, others as their bench. But I still exist. A few beeps, a flash, and a creaking snap later, I am immortal. I cannot be broken completely, for now my image lives forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment